Discovering motherhood…one poopy diaper at a time.

» Font Size «

Archive for the ‘weekend update’ Category

I thought I would share my day with the internuts.

I think I will backtrack a bit to add that Friday night was spent in a battle of wits.  Vince and I vs. Christmas tree lights.  They nearly kicked our ass.  We ended up tossing the majority of our cumulative collection in the garbage.  And that was the most enjoyable part of the whole experience.  Well, not really, I suppose I really did enjoy making up mean songs about Christmas lights to the tune of several Christmas songs.  But I would enjoy that sort of thing.

Now, moving on to the Saturday festivities…

I awoke to the invite for breakfast and to laundry. This starts out pretty exciting, eh?  Then on to breakfast at IHOP, which was yummy delicious, where my child proceeded to act spastic near the end of our excursion.  She took a power nap of 20 minutes on the way home and then proceeded to be all bouncy, so we decided to pack her lunch and torture ourselves at the mall.  We managed to kill two birds with one stone:  1) we got Kira’s picture taken with Santa for the first time ever and 2) we did her first ever Build-a-Bear because I had a coupon (I lurves me some coupon savings!!).

The mall traffic sucked ASS!  The insane traffic, the crowded stores and just the simple fact that it is a mall is why I try to avoid ever going there.  I know, I know…I am not a girl, well at least not in the sterotypical “liking to shop” sort of way.  Trust me, my husband can and HAS out-shopped me by a long shot.

We lost Vince at a cool pub decor store and went to BAB.  Kira immediately grabbed FOUR unstuffed animals, a polar bear, a kitteh, and 2 different teddy bears and latched onto them like a leech.  We waited for Vince and waited and waited until I realized I didn’t have my cell phone.  So, I pried the unstuffed animals from Kira’s firm grip and went looking for him…no such luck, so we headed back and called his mobile from the BAB store phone.  No answer, gah!

He finally strolls in and we get Kira a polar bear.  She did quite well for such a tiny girl, she even pressed the pedal all by herself to blow the stuffing in.  She kept her death-grip on her polar bear until I fed her in line for Santa.

Ah, the first Santa experience…I walk her up to him and she starts screaming and crying.  Most likely to the horror of most of the other parents waiting in line, I hand her over to this Santa stranger, step back and tell the lady to take the picture tears, smiles or whatever we get…I WANT THIS PICTURE!  So, we got pictures with Santa and the lady did manage to distract her enough to get the “what, are you nuts?!?” glare from my kid.  I love it!  Then they stuck it to us for $20 for 2 5 x 7′s.  That is crazy shit.  I assure you next year we will try another approach, like the Breakfast with Santa event or something.  It couldn’t possibly be worse than the effing mall.

At this point Kira was wiped out, as were we.  We came home and she napped for all of an hour, maybe.  We ate dinner and then I got peed on a little.  And then I knelt in the pee.  Hmm…I think that will be all for today!

Tomorrow we shall have our first family portrait done, dinner with family and then I shall hopefully get a good night sleep before I proceed with intentionally making my child ill by giving her milk to drink.  Doctors are so sadistic…

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that on the way to breakfast I threw Kira’s sippy cup of apple-banana juice into my purse and upon arrival discovered that the lid wasn’t secure and about half the sippy cup emptied into my purse!  This was quite funny until I realized this evening that my MP3 player was in there…YIKES!  I am just hoping that it isn’t f.u.b.a.r.

All in all, it was a crazy day and I had a great time!!!

I was in a crappy-with-a-capital-Y mood on Saturday.  I have no reason for it, I just was.  I got out of the house for a bit sans family because I thought 1) it would help my mood to have a little “me” time and 2) I figured I could kick my own ass at the gym if retail therapy didn’t help.

I went by Garden ridge for some planters and when I pulled into their busy parking lot, a Enterprise rental van was cutting through all parking lanes in a rather dangerous manner.  I, being the passive-aggressive driver that I can be, did not even slow down a bit.  I thought, “go ahead, hit me!” and kept my pace up the parking lot lane.  As she looked right at me, waved her arm at me, not slowing down even a little, cutting through parked cars and across lanes, risking people’s vehicles and safety…I laid on the horn and continued right for her.

At that moment, I truly wished that money was no object for us because I would have broad-sided her.

So, she saw myself and two other cars driving where we had the RIGHT OF WAY and proceeded without caution.  I was pissed anyway so this really bothered me.  I nearly took a parking spot near the entrance to the store but I knew it would burn a hole through me if I didn’t say something to her.

I circled around and over a couple of aisles where she had parked and pulled up next to her with my window down and ever-so-rudely asked her, “Do you think the fucking rules don’t apply to you?!?” and drove away flipping her the bird.

Now, I freaked her out a bit by pulling up next to her, but by no means do I believe that my action, or in this case REaction, has changed this woman into a more considerate, safe driver…I’m not kidding myself.  But it did make me feel better instead of holding it in for it to fester into something ripe and nasty.

I also had a few revelations this weekend, including:

  1. I think there is barbecue sauce on my ceiling.
  2. I really hate my chosen wordpress theme.
  3. Only one of my kids toenails ever grows.  Just one.
  4. Bananas make my kid poop like grown up.

That is about it.

Oh, and I started a new craft project this weekend but I can’t tell you what it is…or I’ll have to kill you.

First of all, let me catch you up on what is happening around here…

I got sick. Then Kira got sick.  Then I thought I was going to lose my mind taking care of a 3 1/2 month old baby who couldn’t breathe.  It really sucked for her and for me!  Thankfully, I think we are both past that.

We took Kira for her very first visit to the St. Louis Zoo!  It was a gorgeous day so we got out of the house for a while.  She loves looking at everything and everyone.  She exhausted herself within the first 30 minutes we were there.  Once I got her to sleep, we walked the zoo for a long time and just enjoyed the day.  It was really great being outside all day, especially after being couped up inside all winter.

Here is a photo of Cybr showing Kira the zebra penny he made for her:


And here is a penguin (just because it is cute):


We have a house.  The closing went a bit rough, but we survived. 

The kittehs are here.  They remember their mom and are happy to see me…what a HUGE relief.  I have had my kitty-fix and am feeling much better. 

I have no idea what we are going to do with all the crap still coming from storage.  We have only received our sea shipment from Hong Kong and already there is stuff everywhere.  I have no idea…but the movers are bringing it tomorrow, so soon we shall see.

We had tons of help getting some things done yesterday, both friends and family showed up and took care of all the little things we needed complete immediately.  Plus washed dishes, scrubbed the inside of the refrigerator/freezer, painted the nursery…this, in addition to a plumbing repair, electrical repair, fencing repair, and much more. 

I have had two EXTREMELY long days, or maybe three.  I think I have walked the baby down even further and it will not be long.  We shall see!

So much happening, so little time to process it all much less write about it.

The baby is ready to roll.  She is dropped down against my cervix, which brings me to a whole new level of discomfort, I have apparently had my “bloody show” and am awaiting her arrival at this point.  I am not dilated at all, at least not as of Monday when I was examined and if I am having any contractions, they aren’t strong enough to notice.  So, my little beastie may be with us on or before Halloween (if we are lucky it will be ON Halloween, what an awesome birthday!).

We close on the house this Friday, move in Saturday thru Monday and I get my fuzzy boys back on Saturday, too.  I can’t wait to see them!  It has been just over three months.  Three long, lonesome months without kittehs.  I miss having a kitteh on my head at night, Francois makes the bestest nightcap.  I just hope they aren’t too freaked out by the 5 hour drive to St. Louis from St. Joseph, MO and that they remember their mother.  I NEED KITTEHS!!!

There has been more to do this week than I can keep track of.  If I haven’t returned your phone call or if my scant posts are boring the hell out of you, then I must apologize.  That is about all I can do right now, I mobility and brain function are both rather limited right now.  I just hope I get my brain back soon.  I don’t think it is fair that women have to do both the physical and mental part of pregnancy…I think if I have to carry her in my body, be uncomfortable, and have painfully gross things happen to my body, then Cybr should at the least have to get “placentabrain” (as my doctor calls it, see it has a technical term).  Oh, well, it isn’t likely at this point so there isn’t any sense in dwelling on it.

Will be back…sooner or later!


Well, here is my big Buddha baby belly at 30 weeks…which means this picture is nearly 4 weeks old now.  Yeah, I’ve been a bit busy.  Sorry.

I saw my bestest friend over the weekend and went to the zoo with her, her husband, their four children, and two neices.  We four adults took a total of six children to Cecil Whittaker’s Pizza for a dine-in meal.  You would think that would be chaos, since five out of the six were under 5 yrs of age, but their kids are so good.  She manages them like a champ and they still have fun but didn’t leave their seats during the meal.  Meanwhile, there was another large group with many kids and their kids were running all around, screaming, holding doors shut, crying, etc…but still, Heathers kids held it together.  They were a prime example of how kids should behave in a restaurant, which I hope makes mom and dadvery proud.

There was another baby shower this weekend, as well.  It was mostly friends and a few family members.  It was a great time.  I will tell you all about it at, so check it if you want more info.

I am in countdown mode.  I want in our house, I want my fuzzy kids and I want my baby.  Now, dammit!

I have been making the rounds non-stop since my return to the U.S., visiting with family and calling friends.  I feel like that is really all I have accomplished, other than trying to acclimate our dogs to their new environments, yet I have not yet completed the task…

I still have not seen my grandma on my mother’s side, nor have I seen my mom but for a day and a night which is really bothering her.  I haven’t seen my most lovely nieces Kasey and Alyssa (but they read this site from time to time, so you really are my favorites!) or an aunt & uncle who live nearby my grandma and are eagerly awaiting the birth of our child.  They had given up completely on me ever having children and are quite pleased to hear otherwise.

So, tonight I set out to complete this task.  It is Alyssa’s birthday and I will be meeting up with her family and a friend or two for and exciting night at Incredible Pizza Co. here in St. Louis.  Then, in the morning I will head south for about two hours and see everyone else.  I am taking the fuzzy kids (dogs only, remember my cats are still in St. Joseph, MO with my dad) with me, they will enjoy the freedom of running crazy thru the fields at my moms.  Where I am headed is quite rural, which they will enjoy.

I won’t be back until Monday, but I do have some relatively exciting news in the meanwhile which I will schedule to post tomorrow…so you will have to check back for the news.  Although, I should warn you that it isn’t crazy-exciting, just exciting for me.  Meh, you may find yourself slightly disappointed, but don’t let that stop you for making another pit stop here tomorrow.

Oh, yeah, and I want to plug cybrhub’s comic site A Little Scary to check out the funny Anniversary strip from yesterday.  He is so romantical in his own special way and he is probably lucky that I am not so much of the hopeful(or less) romantic myself.  I appreciate his weird way.

And, if you haven’t already, don’t forget to stop by Baby Barie for pregnancy updates. 

We did it again.

We took another road trip with our friends this past Sunday.

It didn’t quite turn out the same as the previous road trip.

Our Sunday began with Cybr and I checking out the unexpected flea market at the plaza in Discovery Bay.  It was painfully hot on Sunday, so when our friends called and said, “hey, do you want to take a road trip?” we said, “sure”.

We headed into the Gold Coast area hoping to find something cool to do or see, but to no avail.  While we were there, I had to pee and ended up using my first (and hopefully last!) eastern-style port-a-potty.  You literally squat over a hole filled with the shit of the thousands that came before you.  Yuck.

From there, we headed east to Sai Kung/Clearwater Bay at which point this occurred:


A blowout.  We hit a curb.  Tire=trash.

The guys were EXTREMELY quick with the tire change and the bonus was that the spare was full-sized.

From there we just went to TST and then went our separate ways.  Our friends had a work-related dinner to attend and while they invited us to join them, we opted for Hard Rock Hong Kong for dinner.

I enjoyed the beef brisket sandwich and Cybr had a bbq burger.  It was great food.  It was a $302.50 meal, so it better have been good!  Of course, that is in HKD so it’s only about $39 US.  Still expensive for a burger and sandwich (in my opinion), but it is the price you pay to eat at Hard Rock.

We followed that up with a trip on the Star Ferry, which takes us to Central to catch yet another ferry to Discovery Bay where we catch the bus to get home.  Sounds complicated?  Not really, but it takes forever.  It would have been faster than the train, but the ferry was delayed docking  which made us miss our other ferry.

The Star Ferry has some REAL HISTORY in Hong Kong.  Check out the link if you are interested.

HK Road Trip

Our friends recently acquired a car.

So, they took us for a joy ride through Kowloon tonight.

Wow.  The city at night is gorgeous, but I forgot my camera.

We went in the wrong direction twice, but weren’t technically lost.  Other than the traffic, driving in Hong Kong would be cool.  Post rush hour it is a much, much faster way to travel across Hong Kong.

Tonight we went to a mall called MegaBox that has this awesome store that is a combination of a Bed, Bath & Beyond, Michael’s Crafts and a party supply store.  So cool.  We could have spent hours in there, but they wanted to close.  Before that we ate at California Pizza Kitchen, which is quite a treat to us since they are not a lot of western restaurants that are really like their western counterparts.

The best part is that we went to this place in half the time it would normally take to get there because we were in a car.  By public transportation (which by all means is clean, efficient and safe here in Hong Kong) it would have taken about an hour and a half each way and going by car it only took about that long round trip, even with missing our exit.

Dinner was good and Cybr picked out some yarn so that I can knit him a scarf.

After a painfully lazy day yesterday, Cybr and I have decided to take off early this morning to get a bit of breakfast and see the new Indiana Jones movie. Afterward, we may head out to an outdoor market to check out some camera supplies (yay!).

I may get crazy later on and give Cybr a haircut (yes, I do this at home and no, I have no formal training — hehe).

Big fun! Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend back in the U.S.!


We saw the movie and it was good. Not earth-shattering good, but entertaining nonetheless. My only real grievance was that the seats in the movie theater hurt my butt. They seats on the public buses are more comfortable!